My daughters sometimes call my guacamole "five-finger guacamole" to remember that it is made with only five ingredients. —Nanette Hilton, Las Vegas, Nevada
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3 medium ripe avocados, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Tortilla chips
- In a small bowl, mash avocados with a fork. Stir in onion, cilantro,
- lime juice and salt. Serve with chips. Yield: 2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup (calculated without chips) equals 111 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 43 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1/2 starch.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Fizz 56 Brachetto Italy N/V
, sparkling and sweet with hints of raspberry and cherry. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now