“Absolutely fantastic,” is how our taste testers described this sweet and crunchy granola. With 7 g of protein and 4 g of fiber, it helps fill you up deliciously. —Nancy Johnson, Laverne, Oklahoma
- 4-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Fat-free milk, optional
- In a large bowl, combine oats and almonds. In a small saucepan, combine the apple juice, syrup, oil, cinnamon and salt. Cook and stir for 3-4 minutes over medium heat until heated through. Remove from the heat. Pour over oat mixture; stir to coat.
- Transfer to a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until crisp, stirring every 10 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack. Stir in coconut and raisins. Store in an airtight container. Serve with milk if desired. Yield: 5 cups.
Originally published as Homemade Granola in Healthy Cooking August/September 2010, p40
Reviews for Homemade Granola
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review