Homemade Granola Recipe
- 4-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Fat-free milk, optional
- In a large bowl, combine oats and almonds. In a small saucepan, combine the apple juice, syrup, oil, cinnamon and salt. Cook and stir for 3-4 minutes over medium heat until heated through. Remove from the heat. Pour over oat mixture; stir to coat.
- Transfer to a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until crisp, stirring every 10 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack. Stir in coconut and raisins. Store in an airtight container. Serve with milk if desired. Yield: 5 cups.
Reviews for Homemade Granola(3)
Sort By :
I made this & added dried cranberries, it got nice & toasty/crunchy. We thought it could use a little more sweetener, but will make it again, probably adding a few more dried fruits & nuts.
This granola tastes nutty and delicious--I simply don't eat much cereal which is why I probably won't make it again. I do agree with the reviewer who felt the oven temperature should be lower. I baked mine at 325 degrees for 20 minutes and it turned out fine. If you are looking for a granola that can be eaten easily with your hands, this one probably isn't for you. This one is more of a mix-in for yogurt or eaten as a cereal with milk.
It was to much cinnamon for my taste, and I even like cinnamon. 350 is to hot and started to burn my granola and I had to put tin foil over it to prevent further burning and cooked it for 10 more mins. I would suggest 300 and a longer cooking time. It came out bland and I even drizzled honey over it. With a lot of changes this could have been a good recipe but you shouldn't have to do so much editing to get a decent result. I found a deferent recipe I will be trying next time.
More Recipe Collections
- Almond Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Breakfast Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Granola Recipes >
- Healthy Breakfast Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Breakfast Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Breakfast Recipes >