Homemade Golden Dinner Rolls Recipe
My husband and I were raised on farms, so we agree nothing compares to home cooking. I came across this recipe when working on a cookbook as a fund-raiser for church.
- 5-1/2 to 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- Melted butter
- In a bowl, combine 2 cups flour, sugar, yeast and salt. In a saucepan, heat the milk, water and butter to 120° to 130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add eggs and 3/4 cup flour. Beat on high for 2 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a stiff dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rest for 20 minutes. Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into 24 pieces. Shape each into a ball.
- Place 3 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Brush with melted butter. Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 24 hours. Remove from the refrigerator 15 minutes before baking.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Golden Dinner Rolls in Best of Country Breads 2000, p41
Reviews for Homemade Golden Dinner Rolls(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 15, 2011
My family and I make this recipe for every holiday and special functions. These hot, fluffy rolls are always a scrumptious success!