Homemade Fudge Sauce
Since I don't like store-bought sauces, I decided to come up with my own. I make it for family and for company, and I'll often get asked for the recipe.
My husband and I are both teachers, although I am now at home with our children...they're 7, 5, and 3. My hobbies are Bible study, international cooking (I like trying lots of recipes!) and planning activities with our youngsters.
24 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 10 min. + cooling
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cut into eight pieces
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- In a heavy saucepan, stir together sugar, cocoa and cinnamon. Add
- cream and milk; mix well. Over medium heat, bring to a boil,
- stirring constantly. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; cool for 15 minutes. Add butter and stir until
- melted. Stir in vanilla. Cool to room temperature. Cover and store
- in the refrigerator. Stir before serving. Yield: 3 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 122 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 7 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.