Homemade Fudge Sauce Recipe
Since I don't like store-bought sauces, I decided to come up with my own. I make it for family and for company, and I'll often get asked for the recipe. My husband and I are both teachers, although I am now at home with our children...they're 7, 5, and 3. My hobbies are Bible study, international cooking (I like trying lots of recipes!) and planning activities with our youngsters.
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cut into eight pieces
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1. In a heavy saucepan, stir together sugar, cocoa and cinnamon. Add cream and milk; mix well. Over medium heat, bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook for 2 minutes.
- 2. Remove from the heat; cool for 15 minutes. Add butter and stir until melted. Stir in vanilla. Cool to room temperature. Cover and store in the refrigerator. Stir before serving. Yield: 3 cups.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 122 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 7 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC