Homemade Fudge Sauce Recipe
Since I don't like store-bought sauces, I decided to come up with my own. I make it for family and for company, and I'll often get asked for the recipe. My husband and I are both teachers, although I am now at home with our children...they're 7, 5, and 3. My hobbies are Bible study, international cooking (I like trying lots of recipes!) and planning activities with our youngsters.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 5 min. Cook: 10 min. + cooling YIELD:24 servings
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cut into eight pieces
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1. In a heavy saucepan, stir together sugar, cocoa and cinnamon. Add cream and milk; mix well. Over medium heat, bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook for 2 minutes.
- 2. Remove from the heat; cool for 15 minutes. Add butter and stir until melted. Stir in vanilla. Cool to room temperature. Cover and store in the refrigerator. Stir before serving. Yield: 3 cups.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 122 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 7 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC