Since I don't like store-bought sauces, I decided to come up with my own. I make it for family and for company, and I'll often get asked for the recipe. —Trudy DeFelice, Columbia, South Carolina
Recommended: 45 Recipes for Peanut Butter Lovers
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cut into eight pieces
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a heavy saucepan, stir together sugar, cocoa and cinnamon. Add cream and milk; mix well. Over medium heat, bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; cool for 15 minutes. Add butter and stir until melted. Stir in vanilla. Cool to room temperature. Cover and store in the refrigerator. Stir before serving. Yield: 3 cups.
Originally published as Homemade Fudge Sauce in Country Woman November/December 1991, p31
Reviews for Homemade Fudge Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 7, 2013
"This is almost like my Mother's Hot Fudge recipe. She didn't use cinnamon but instead used instant coffee. I've since changed that to instant espresso granules and it's wonderful!"