Homemade Fudge Pops
"These creamy, chocolaty pops are requested often by my grandchildren- and their parents!" says field editor Mary Detweiler of West Farmington, Ohio.
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups milk
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 12 disposable plastic cups (3 ounces)
- 12 Popsicle sticks
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the cornstarch and salt. Gradually stir
- in milk until smooth. Stir in corn syrup and vanilla. Bring to a
- boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Reduce heat;
- stir in chocolate chips until melted. Pour into cups.
- Cover each cup with heavy-duty foil; insert sticks through foil.
- Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. pan. Freeze until firm. Remove foil and
- cups before serving. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 159 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 83 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.