- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups milk
- 1-1/3 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 20 freezer pop molds or 20 paper cups (3 ounces each) and wooden pop sticks
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add milk. Stir in the brown sugar, cocoa and salt. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Cool for 20 minutes, stirring several times.
- Pour 1/4 cup mixture into molds or paper cups. Top molds with holders. If using cups, top with foil and insert sticks through foil. Freeze until firm. Yield: 20 servings.
Reviews for Homemade Fudge Ice Pops
"Really good. All of my family loves it."
"Made this with my five year old, simple enough for her to help out extensively. We put ours in shaped ice cube trays for smaller servings. We jab a toothpick into the pop when it's time to eat it. Much less meltage that way."
"Made these for my 3 year old yesterday & we tried them today. We're not fans. Followed the recipe exactly, and maybe this is how they're supposed to be, but they were very chewy. More like eating hardened pudding. What a waste of ingredients & money. Will just buy them from now."
"Horrible, my 11 yr gson wouldn't even eat them. I followed the recipe exactly. Left a film in your mouth, butter maybe."
"I've never eaten a fudge pop that didn't taste like frozen pudding! mmmmmmm"
"Has anyone tried this with soy or coconut milk? We're a non-dairy household."
"After tweaking this recipe a bit, I would give it five stars. I cut down on the brown sugar, adding only 1/2 packed cup and also omitted the salt. When putting "batter" into cups, I swirled in peanut butter. I am looking forward to making this recipe again!"
"These taste like pudding that has hardened"
"Made these with my Special Needs class and they were a huge hit. Easy to do and tasty too!!!"
"I made the fudge pops for my grandchildren and friends little ones. I tried one and they are so tasty, they will be a repeat treat in our house."