On hot summer days, these are my kids' favorite frozen treats. They're healthy and economical, too.
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups milk
- 1-1/3 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 20 freezer pop molds or 20 paper cups (3 ounces each) and wooden pop sticks
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add milk. Stir in the brown sugar, cocoa and salt. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Cool for 20 minutes, stirring several times.
- Pour 1/4 cup mixture into molds or paper cups. Top molds with holders. If using cups, top with foil and insert sticks through foil. Freeze until firm. Yield: 20 servings.
Originally published as Homemade Fudge Pops in Simple & Delicious May/June 2008, p9
Reviews for Homemade Fudge Ice Pops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review