Homemade Flapjack Mix Recipe
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS FOR PANCAKES:
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS FOR BLUEBERRY BANANA PANCAKES:
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 medium ripe banana, mashed
- 3/4 cup blueberries
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 6-7 batches of pancakes (about 6-3/4 cups total).
- 2. To prepare pancakes: Contents of mix may settle during storage. When preparing recipe, spoon mix into measuring cup. In a small bowl, whisk egg and milk. Whisk in 1 cup pancake mix.
- 3. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes. Cook until second side is golden brown. Yield: about 6 pancakes per batch.
- 4. To prepare blueberry banana pancakes: Contents of mix may settle during storage. When preparing recipe, spoon mix into measuring cup. In a large bowl, combine the egg, milk and banana. Whisk in 1 cup pancake mix. Fold in blueberries. Cook as directed above. Yield: about 8 pancakes per batch.
3 plain pancakes: 258 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 448mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 3g fiber), 10g protein
Reviews for Homemade Flapjack Mix
"This recipe tastes horrible. The ingredients are a list for way more batches than a person would want to make to try out. They were fluffy and that's it."
"I have been making this recipe for years, I found it some time back in one of the Quick cooking Mags that I got been using it ever since."
"Best pancake mix!! I dont even buy the store bought mix anymore. Its so easy to make and use! It taste wonderful too!"
"This pancake mix is great to have on hand. I like to add a dash of cinnamon and nutmeg as well as a splash of vanilla to the batter. These are always a hit with my family!"
"I make and freeze these for quick breakfasts before school. My daughter loves them with chocolate chips!"
"This is my new pancake mix. I use it with everything - berries, chocolate chips, etc. The pancakes are light and fluffy and are delicious. My kids just love them."
"Easy and very tasty mix. Used with apple pancakes with cider syrup recipe."
"My kids were unsure of the banana, but it was love at first bite. I had to make a second batch. Yummy."
"I made these pancakes and they were delicious. Try with strawberries too!!"