Homemade Fish Sticks
I'm a nutritionist and needed a healthy fish fix. Moist inside and crunchy outside, these are great with oven fries or roasted veggies and low-fat homemade tartar sauce. —Jennifer Rowland, Elizabethtown, Kentucky
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 pound cod fillets, cut into 1-inch strips
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a shallow bowl, mix bread crumbs and
- seasonings. Place flour and egg in separate shallow bowls. Dip fish
- in flour to coat both sides; shake off excess. Dip in egg, then in
- crumb mixture, patting to help coating adhere.
- Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray; spritz with
- butter-flavored cooking spray. Bake 10-12 minutes or until fish just
- begins to flake easily with a fork, turning once. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 278 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 129 mg cholesterol, 718 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 33 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch.