Homemade Fish Fingers Recipe
- 1 pound cod fillet
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1. Cut fillets into 3/4-in. strips; set aside. In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, lemon peel, paprika, thyme and garlic salt. Place buttermilk and flour in separate shallow bowls. Coat fish strips with flour; dip into buttermilk, then coat with crumb mixture.
- 2. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- 3. Bake at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Let stand for 2 minutes before removing from baking sheets. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritio Facts: 1 serving equals 217 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 52 mg cholesterol, 382 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 reduced-fat milk.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.