Once you've tried these mouthwatering morsels, you'll never buy fish sticks again! Our Test Kitchen staff coated pieces of cod in a tasty Parmesan, herb and bread crumb mixture that is sure to have folks asking for seconds.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound cod fillet
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Cut fillets into 3/4-in. strips; set aside. In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, lemon peel, paprika, thyme and garlic salt. Place buttermilk and flour in separate shallow bowls. Coat fish strips with flour; dip into buttermilk, then coat with crumb mixture.
- Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Bake at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Let stand for 2 minutes before removing from baking sheets. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Homemade Fish Fingers in Light & Tasty February/March 2002, p12
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Homemade Fish Fingers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review