Homemade Fettuccini Alfredo Recipe
- 4 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash each pepper and ground nutmeg
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Stir in the cream, 1/4 cup cheese, Romano cheese, egg yolk, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until a thermometer reads 160° (do not boil). Drain fettuccine; top with Alfredo sauce and remaining Parmesan cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Homemade Fettuccini Alfredo
Sort By :
My family loved this! I didn't have any Romano, so it was all Parm. I added chicken breast and fresh broccoli. This will become a staple dish.
it's a good base but def. needed to add something. I added bacon, onions, garlic and broccoli. it was yummy!
I loved this recipe. It's easy and quick to make. But the butter in always separates from the sauce. it's still tasted really good, but there is a puddle of butter on the bottom of my plate. What can I do from that not happening next time?
It was creamy and tasted very good. Thank you for this recipe, I never knew it was this easy to make.
My kids love this. It's super easy to make and tastes great. I always add some garlic to it.