- 4 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash each pepper and ground nutmeg
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Stir in the cream, 1/4 cup cheese, Romano cheese, egg yolk, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until a thermometer reads 160° (do not boil). Drain fettuccine; top with Alfredo sauce and remaining Parmesan cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Homemade Fettuccini Alfredo
Sort By :
"I love this recipe. I do not like to buy processed food. I know every thing that goes into this and is is fast and easy. Taste great also."
"My family loved this! I didn't have any Romano, so it was all Parm. I added chicken breast and fresh broccoli. This will become a staple dish."
"it's a good base but def. needed to add something. I added bacon, onions, garlic and broccoli. it was yummy!"
"I loved this recipe. It's easy and quick to make. But the butter in always separates from the sauce. it's still tasted really good, but there is a puddle of butter on the bottom of my plate. What can I do from that not happening next time?"
"It was creamy and tasted very good. Thank you for this recipe, I never knew it was this easy to make."