- 3-1/2 to 4 cups semolina flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup warm water
- Combine 3-1/2 cups flour and salt in a large bowl. Make a well in the center. Pour water into well and stir together, forming a ball.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 8-10 minutes, adding remaining flour if necessary to keep dough from sticking to surface and hands (dough will be stiff). Shape into a rectangle; cover and let rest for 30 minutes.
- Divide dough into fourths. On a floured surface, roll each portion into a 16-in. x 8-in. rectangle. Dust dough with flour to prevent sticking while rolling. Cut crosswise into 1/8-in. slices. Separate noodles onto clean towels; let dry overnight (let dry in the shape the noodles will be stored in). Package dry pasta.
- To cook fettuccine: Fill a Dutch oven three-fourths full with water. Bring to a boil. Add noodles; cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Drain. Yield: 1-1/4 pounds.
Originally published as Homemade Fettuccine in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2012, p171
Reviews for Homemade Fettuccine(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review