Homemade Eggnog Pie Recipe
This dessert is a festive finale. It is rich and scrumptious.—Katherine Kuhlemeier, Pearl City, Illinois
- 1-1/8 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 3 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1. In a small bowl, soften gelatin in cold water; set aside.
- 2. In a large saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Gradually stir in milk until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks. Return all to the pan; bring to a gentle boil, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin and vanilla.
- 3. Cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally. Fold in whipped cream. Pour into pie shell. Sprinkle with nutmeg. Refrigerate until set, about 2 hours. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 390 calories, 26 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 149 mg cholesterol, 131 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC