You can change up this basic crouton recipe by substituting your favorite herbs and spices.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 loaf (8 ounces) French bread, cubed
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- Place bread in a large bowl. Combine the remaining ingredients;
- drizzle over bread and toss to coat.
- Place in a single layer in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in.
- baking pan. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden
- brown, stirring occasionally. Cool. Store in an airtight container.
- Yield: 2-2/3 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/3 cup equals 110 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 336 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.