- 1 loaf (8 ounces) French bread, cubed
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- Place bread in a large bowl. Combine the remaining ingredients; drizzle over bread and toss to coat.
- Place in a single layer in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2-2/3 cups.
Reviews for Homemade Croutons
Sort By :
"I used 3 different kinds of stale bread i had on hand turned out great will do again"
"Good, but I had a much better batch using stale bread. Did not need more than 15 minutes to bake; next time I will probably take it out earlier than that."
"very good. less garlic salt next time. or use garlic powder."
"My kids love it!!!"