- 1 loaf (8 ounces) French bread, cubed
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- Place bread in a large bowl. Combine the remaining ingredients; drizzle over bread and toss to coat.
- Place in a single layer in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2-2/3 cups.
Originally published as Homemade Croutons in Taste of Home April/May 2010, p35
Reviews for Homemade Croutons(3)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 6, 2014
Good, but I had a much better batch using stale bread. Did not need more than 15 minutes to bake; next time I will probably take it out earlier than that.
Reviewed May. 10, 2012
very good. less garlic salt next time. or use garlic powder.
Reviewed Feb. 15, 2011
My kids love it!!!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baking Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Salad Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- German Recipes >
- German Salad Recipes >
- German Vegetarian Recipes >
- Green Salad Recipes >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Salad Recipes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Salad Recipes >