- 1 loaf (8 ounces) French bread, cubed
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- Place bread in a large bowl. Combine the remaining ingredients; drizzle over bread and toss to coat.
- Place in a single layer in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2-2/3 cups.
Originally published as Homemade Croutons in Taste of Home April/May 2010, p35
Reviews for Homemade Croutons
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 6, 2014
"Good, but I had a much better batch using stale bread. Did not need more than 15 minutes to bake; next time I will probably take it out earlier than that."
Reviewed May. 10, 2012
"very good. less garlic salt next time. or use garlic powder."
Reviewed Feb. 15, 2011
"My kids love it!!!"