Homemade Crisp Crackers Recipe
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in cheese. Gradually add water and vinegar, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- 2. Divide into six portions. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion into an 8-in. circle. Cut into eight wedges and place on greased baking sheets.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 17-20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 4 dozen.
2 each: 103 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 145mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 3g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 0 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Homemade Crisp Crackers
"These crackers were easy to make and very tasty. I had to bake them a little longer to get them crispy, but I think it's because I didn't roll them out thin enough. I will make this recipe again."