Homemade Crescent Rolls Recipe
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 to 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1. In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. In a bowl, beat butter and sugar. Add eggs, salt and yeast mixture. Stir in enough flour until dough leaves the sides of bowl and is soft (do not knead). Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Punch dough down. Turn onto a floured surface; divide in half. Roll each portion into a 12-in. circle; cut each circle into 12 wedges. Roll up wedges from the wide end and place with pointed end down on greased baking sheets. Curve ends to form crescents. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1-1/2 hours. Bake at 350° for 20-22 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 169 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 135 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Homemade Crescent Rolls
"I was hoping that this would taste like the wonderful store bought rolls. But it wasn't. It is also not healthy at all."
"Dough is very easy to work with. Reduce the sugar just a bit, if you want a less sweet taste. Great for the holidays."