“I first tasted this at a restaurant, and the waiter shared the ingredients. I modified it, and now people say it’s the best tomato soup they’ve had! I almost hate to share the recipe since it reveals how easy it is!” Beth Ann Slough - Mountville, PA
- 1 can (29 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- Salad croutons, shredded cheddar cheese, quartered grape tomatoes and/or thinly sliced green onions
- In a large saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through (do not boil). Garnish with croutons, cheese, tomatoes and/or onions. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Tomato Soup in Simple & Delicious January/February 2010, p44
Reviews for Homemade Creamy Tomato Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review