Homemade Creamy Tomato Soup Recipe
- 1 can (29 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- Salad croutons, shredded cheddar cheese, quartered grape tomatoes and/or thinly sliced green onions
- In a large saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through (do not boil). Garnish with croutons, cheese, tomatoes and/or onions. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Homemade Creamy Tomato Soup
Sort By :
"So yummy! I didn't have the required ingredients on hand, so I substituted with homemade canned tomatoes and fat free evaporated milk. I put it all in the blender and then warmed it on the stove. Amazing! My children even loved it!"
"I substitute regular milk for the heavy cream (cuts calories) and serve it with peanut butter crackers. Good, quick lunch!"
"This was very good and very creamy (too creamy in my kids' opinion - not sure what's wrong with them but they seem to have some sort of aversion to cream!). To me, cream is sorta heavenly tasting. Anyway, I thought it was very good, and it couldn't possibly be any easier. Garnished mine with some tomatoes and green onions and served it alongside the grilled tomato-cheese sandwiches that were featured along with it in the magazine. I forgot to add the hot sauce last night, so I'm gonna add some to the leftovers that I'm about to have for lunch, along with some croutons. Yum!"
"Got this recipe in a little book at the grocery store check out. Made it last night and it was REALLY good and REALLY easy. My husband had seconds and asked if I would make it again, soon. I thought it was good and I don't even like tomato soup! Served with grilled cheese sandwiches, of course. The recipe is a keeper for sure!"
"Very delicious and very simple and quick to make. What could be better than that! I'd been searching for a tomato soup recipe like this for awhile now after tasting one similar in a restaurant and this one is extremely close."