Homemade Cream-Style Soup Mix Recipe
This easy-to-make soup mix is great to have on hand for those nights when you need to whip up supper in a hurry. It's also a great substitute for canned cream soup in a recipe.
- 2 cups instant nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup mashed potato flakes
- 1/4 cup chicken bouillon granules
- 2 tablespoons dried vegetable flakes
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENT (FOR EACH BATCH):
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1. In a food processor, combine all the ingredients; cover and process until vegetable flakes are finely chopped. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 1 year. Yield: 3 cups.
- 2. To prepare one batch of soup: In a microwave-safe bowl, whisk water and 6 tablespoons soup mix. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2 to 2-1/2 minutes, whisking occasionally. Yield: 8 batches of soup.
3 tablespoons: 87 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 742mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Homemade Cream-Style Soup Mix
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC