My son-in-law isn’t a creamed corn enthusiast. But ever since he tried mine, he asks me to make it. It’s so much better than canned corn, and nearly as easy.—Verl Diro, Rapid City, South Dakota
- 4 medium ears sweet corn
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Place corn in a Dutch oven; cover with water. Bring to a boil; cover and cook for 5-10 minutes or until tender. Drain. Cut corn from cobs.
- In a large saucepan, bring the corn, cream and butter to a boil. Reduce heat; stir in cilantro and Italian seasoning. Simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Homemade Cream-Style Corn in Country Woman June/July 2010, p42
Reviews for Homemade Cream-Style Corn
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review