- water, thyme sprig, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Bring
- to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Strain
- broth, discarding vegetables and seasonings. Set aside 4-1/2 cups
- In a Dutch oven, cook leeks in remaining butter over low heat for
- 25-30 minutes or just until leeks begin to brown, stirring
- occasionally. Stir in mushroom caps; cook 10 minutes longer or until
- Stir in flour until blended; gradually add wine. Stir in the thyme,
- remaining salt and pepper and reserved mushroom broth. Bring to a
- boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the
- creams and parsley; heat through (do not boil). Yield: 8 servings (2
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 349 calories, 29 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 501 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.