Homemade Cranberry Relish
The baked cranberry compote couldn't be easier to prepare and tastes terrific on top of slice Thanksgiving turkey. The recipe comes courtesy of my sister-in-law. Betty Johnson, Eleva, Wisconsin
16 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 1 hour + chilling
- 4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- In an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, combine cranberries and
- sugar. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour.
- In a large bowl, combine the orange marmalade, walnuts and lemon
- juice. Stir in cranberry mixture. Cover and refrigerate until
- chilled. Yield: 4 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 206 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 12 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.