Homemade Cranberry Juice
This refreshing and sweet cranberry juice has a mild tartness level. Its jewel red color looks very attractive served in glassware. —Carol Domes, Whitehorse, Yukon
8 ServingsPrep: 35 min. + chilling
- 2 quarts water
- 8 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- In a soup kettle, bring water and cranberries to a boil. Reduce heat;
- cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until berries begin to pop.
- Strain through a fine strainer, pressing mixture with a spoon;
- discard berries. Return cranberry juice to the pan. Stir in the
- sugar, lemon juice and orange juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir
- until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from the heat. Cool. Transfer to a pitcher; cover and
- refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 200 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, trace protein.