Homemade Corn Pudding Recipe
Corn pudding is a specialty on the Eastern shore of Maryland, where I grew up. This recipe from a friend is a mainstay at our Christmas meals.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 5 min. Bake: 45 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1. In a large bowl, combine sugar and cornstarch. Whisk in the eggs, milk, vanilla and cinnamon until smooth. Stir in corn.
- 2. Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 176 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 195 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC