Homemade Corn Pudding Recipe
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1. In a large bowl, combine sugar and cornstarch. Whisk in the eggs, milk, vanilla and cinnamon until smooth. Stir in corn.
- 2. Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 8 servings.
1/2 cup: 176 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 195mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Homemade Corn Pudding
"I made this recipe exactly as written. It was wonderful. I used it as a side vegetable dish, but I think it could be used as a desert. Maybe that is what was intended for. I will definitely do it again. I am a widow so I had 2 servings and froze the rest in individual dishes. Have not thawed them yet. J.R. Olathe Ks"
"Just okay. There are better corn pudding recipes on TOH"
"Served this at a family gathering on the Western Shore of Maryland. I thought it would be good and it was delicious. Will make again on many occasions."