Homemade Coffee Mix Recipe
- BASIC COFFEE MIX:
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup nondairy creamer
- 1/4 cup instant coffee granules
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENT FOR MOCHA COFFEE:
- 2 teaspoons baking cocoa
- FOR ORANGE CAPPUCCINO COFFEE:
- 6 orange Lifesavers, finely crushed
- FOR VIENNESE COFFEE:
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. Combine coffee mix ingredients; store in an airtight container.
- 2. To prepare: Combine mix with 8 cups boiling water (or use 2 tablespoons mix per cup); stir until dissolved.
- 3. To prepare any of the flavored coffees: Add the additional ingredient to the basic mix before adding water. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 50 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, trace protein.
Reviews for Homemade Coffee Mix
"It's just great as a Christmas gift . I made it for my friends and now their friends want some too."
"I made this for Christmas gifts this past year and everyone loved it. I plan to make it again for other gifts occasions."
"I used the Mocha Coffee variation. We found that using milk in place of half of the water gave it a richer taste."
"I made this for Christmas gifts for coworkers and some for myself. I use 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon instead of 1/2 teaspoon called for in the recipe. Make sure you thoroughly stir the ingredients before you measure them into your cup and after you add the boiling water. Stir periodically when drinking to ensure that contents stay mixed."
"Using the baking cocoa makes this bitter. I substituted hot cholocate instead"