Homemade Coffee Mix
Starting with a basic recipe, I created several varieties of creamy coffee drinks. They're great to offer at a get-together or to give as gifts.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- BASIC COFFEE MIX:
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup nondairy creamer
- 1/4 cup instant coffee granules
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENT FOR MOCHA COFFEE:
- 2 teaspoons baking cocoa
- FOR ORANGE CAPPUCCINO COFFEE:
- 6 orange Lifesavers, finely crushed
- FOR VIENNESE COFFEE:
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Combine coffee mix ingredients; store in an airtight container.
- To prepare: Combine mix with 8 cups boiling water (or use 2
- tablespoons mix per cup); stir until dissolved.
- To prepare any of the flavored coffees: Add the additional ingredient
- to the basic mix before adding water. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 50 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, trace protein.