- 2-1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, combine the coconut, flour and salt. Add milk and vanilla; mix well (batter will be stiff).
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 1 in. apart onto a greased baking sheet. Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Homemade Coconut Macaroons
"In order to use the whole can of sweetened condensed milk, I made a 2nd recipe and halved the rest of the ingredients. I did replace the vanilla with almond extract. I also placed 1/4 of a maraschino cherry on top of each cookie. My husband loves macaroons and loves this recipe."
"can your freeze these Macaroons?"
"I add these to my goodie tray I give to neighbors at Christmas every year. I add cherry's to the top for decoration. They are yummy."
"can not rate it=I need the recipe-"
"If you enjoy coconut this is the recipe"