Homemade Coconut Brownies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour and cocoa; gradually beat into creamed mixture just until blended. Stir in coconut.
- 2. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 brownie equals 251 calories, 12 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 94 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Homemade Coconut Brownies
"These are great brownies, but they were not "fudgey (sp?)" but more like dense moist cake. Followed recipe exactly. Also, I took mine out of oven at 20 min and should have (maybe ?) even taken them out sooner so be sure to check early."
"My husband rated these 'very good'. They are moist and rich."
"I love coconut and chocolate. Thank you for such a simple and tasty recipe. I often bake brownies using a classic recipe, for example, such as this: http://originalrecipes.info/brownie-classic-recipe/.Now I will bake coconut brownies."
"Just made these and they are great! I found this recipe in one of the Taste of Home magazines (Brownies and Bars I think). Anyway, they had a tip in there to add chocolate chips. I added a half a cup of white chocolate chips and a half a cup of peanut butter and milk chocolate chips (combined). They turned out great! Will definitely make these again."
"Have been searching for a homemade Brownie recipe for about 6 months now and this one is a KEEPER.... Substituted the coconuts with pecans and it turned out wonderful...."