Homemade Coconut Brownies Recipe
My children and grandchildren are the light of my life. I always try to have homemade cookies or brownies on hand for them when they visit. This recipe is one of their favorites. Carol Lipp TIMBER LAKE, SOUTH DAKOTA
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour and cocoa; gradually beat into creamed mixture just until blended. Stir in coconut.
- 2. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 brownie equals 251 calories, 12 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 94 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC