- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour and cocoa; gradually beat into creamed mixture just until blended. Stir in coconut.
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Homemade Coconut Brownies
Sort By :
"My husband rated these 'very good'. They are moist and rich."
"I love coconut and chocolate. Thank you for such a simple and tasty recipe. I often bake brownies using a classic recipe, for example, such as this: http://originalrecipes.info/brownie-classic-recipe/.Now I will bake coconut brownies."
"Just made these and they are great! I found this recipe in one of the Taste of Home magazines (Brownies and Bars I think). Anyway, they had a tip in there to add chocolate chips. I added a half a cup of white chocolate chips and a half a cup of peanut butter and milk chocolate chips (combined). They turned out great! Will definitely make these again."
"Have been searching for a homemade Brownie recipe for about 6 months now and this one is a KEEPER.... Substituted the coconuts with pecans and it turned out wonderful...."