Homemade Cinnamon Swirl Bread Recipe
Here's a yummy recipe for yeast bread that doesn't require kneading! The cereal in it adds moisture and a slight crunch, and the swirled cinnamon filling looks and tastes good.
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup uncooked Malt-O-Meal cereal
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 to 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Add milk, butter, egg, cereal, sugar, salt and 2 cups flour; mix until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Do not knead. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1-1/4 hours.
- 2. Punch dough down; divide in half. Roll each portion into a 12-in. x 7-in. rectangle. Brush with egg white.
- 3. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over rectangles. Starting with a short side, roll up tightly and seal edges. Place each in a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to cool on wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves.
1 slice: 120 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 185mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Homemade Cinnamon Swirl Bread
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC