Homemade Cinnamon Mocha Coffee Recipe
One snowy day, my neighbor called and invited me over to try a new drink she’d made. It was delicious! This spiced coffee is a lovely treat any time of year.—Bernice Morris, Marshfield, Missouri
- 1/2 cup ground dark roast coffee
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 5 cups water
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/3 cup chocolate syrup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the coffee grounds, cinnamon and nutmeg; pour into a coffee filter of a drip coffeemaker. Add water; brew according to manufacturer's directions.
- 2. In a large saucepan, combine the milk, chocolate syrup and brown sugar. Cook over low heat until sugar is dissolved, stirring occasionally. Stir in vanilla and brewed coffee. Ladle into mugs; garnish with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup equals 126 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 34 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC