One snowy day, my neighbor called and invited me over to try a new drink she’d made. It was delicious! This spiced coffee is a lovely treat any time of year.—Bernice Morris, Marshfield, Missouri
- 1/2 cup ground dark roast coffee
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 5 cups water
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/3 cup chocolate syrup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the coffee grounds, cinnamon and nutmeg; pour into a coffee filter of a drip coffeemaker. Add water; brew according to manufacturer's directions.
- In a large saucepan, combine the milk, chocolate syrup and brown sugar. Cook over low heat until sugar is dissolved, stirring occasionally. Stir in vanilla and brewed coffee. Ladle into mugs; garnish with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cinnamon Mocha Coffee in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2007
Reviews for Homemade Cinnamon Mocha Coffee
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review