- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 3 teaspoons cornmeal
- 3 teaspoons canola oil
- Salsa, guacamole and tortilla chips, optional
- In a food processor, combine the first 10 ingredients; cover and pulse until blended. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in bread crumbs and egg substitute; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Shape bean mixture into four patties; sprinkle each side with cornmeal. In a large nonstick skillet, cook patties in oil for 4-5 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Serve with salsa, guacamole and tortilla chips if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cilantro Bean Burgers in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2010, p288
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Homemade Cilantro Bean Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review