- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
1/2 cup Apple juice or ciderApple Cider Save more on this seasonal favorite from ALDI.
- 1/4 cup water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 large carrot, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 celery rib, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small potato, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add the beef, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. In a large saucepan, brown beef in oil; drain. Stir in the cider, water, vinegar and thyme. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour and 45 minutes or until the meat is tender.
- Add the carrot, celery, potato and onion; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Cider Beef Stew in Cooking for 2
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Homemade Cider Beef Stew
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review