Homemade Chunky Apple Sauce Recipe
Apple sauce is so easy to make so forget buying it in the grocery store. This one has such delicious flavor and is sure to be a favorite with your children.—Deborah Amrine, Grand Haven, Michigan
- 3 cups chopped peeled tart apples (about 1 pound)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 30-40 minutes or until apples are tender, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Remove from the heat; mash until sauce reaches desired consistency. Serve warm or chilled. Yield: 2 servings.
1/2 cup equals 176 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 8 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, trace protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC