Homemade Chunky Apple Sauce
Apple sauce is so easy to make so forget buying it in the grocery store. This one has such delicious flavor and is sure to be a favorite with your children.—Deborah Amrine, Grand Haven, Michigan
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 3 cups chopped peeled tart apples (about 1 pound)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook over
- medium-low heat for 30-40 minutes or until apples are tender,
- stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat; mash until sauce reaches desired consistency.
- Serve warm or chilled.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 176 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 8 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, trace protein.