Apple sauce is so easy to make so forget buying it in the grocery store. This one has such delicious flavor and is sure to be a favorite with your children.—Deborah Amrine, Grand Haven, Michigan
- 3 cups chopped peeled tart apples (about 1 pound)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 30-40 minutes or until apples are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat; mash until sauce reaches desired consistency. Serve warm or chilled. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Chunky Applesauce in Cooking for 2 Fall 2007, p41
Reviews for Homemade Chunky Apple Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review