Apple sauce is so easy to make so forget buying it in the grocery store. This one has such delicious flavor and is sure to be a favorite with your children.—Deborah Amrine, Grand Haven, Michigan
- 3 cups chopped peeled tart apples (about 1 pound)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 30-40 minutes or until apples are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat; mash until sauce reaches desired consistency. Serve warm or chilled. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Chunky Applesauce in Cooking for 2 Fall 2007, p41
Reviews for Homemade Chunky Apple Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 19, 2012
"I really liked this recipe! The flavor was excellent. This was my first time making my own homemade applesauce. It was ridiculously easy. And the flavor of this recipe can't be beat!"