A few years ago, I hit upon the idea of presenting family and friends with baskets of homemade jam as gifts. With cherries, cinnamon and cloves, this smells and tastes like Christmas! —Marilyn Reineman, Stockton, California
- 3 packages (12 ounces each) frozen pitted dark sweet cherries, thawed and coarsely chopped
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 9 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon butter
- 2 pouches (3 ounces each) liquid fruit pectin
- In a Dutch oven, combine cherries, pineapple and raspberries. Stir in the sugar, juices, cinnamon, cloves and butter. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in pectin. Continue to boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; skim off foam. Ladle hot mixture into 12 hot sterilized half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace, if necessary, by adding hot mixture. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 5 minutes. Remove jars and cool. Yield: 12 half-pints.
Originally published as Christmas Jam in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p122
Reviews for Homemade Christmas Jam
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review