Homemade Chocolate Syrup Recipe
For a tasty low-cost treat, try sundaes made with this syrup. I use this microwave recipe so often I have it memorized.—Sharon Mensing, Greenfield, Iowa
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 2-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- 1. In a 1-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine the sugar, cocoa, cornstarch and water until smooth. Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes or until the mixture boils, stirring twice. Stir in butter and vanilla until blended. Serve warm over ice cream. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 260 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 84 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Homemade Chocolate Syrup
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC