Homemade Chocolate Syrup Recipe
For a tasty low-cost treat, try sundaes made with this syrup. I use this microwave recipe so often I have it memorized.Sharon Mensing, Greenfield, Iowa
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 2-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- In a 1-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine the sugar, cocoa, cornstarch and water until smooth. Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes or until the mixture boils, stirring twice. Stir in butter and vanilla until blended. Serve warm over ice cream. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Homemade Chocolate Syrup in Taste of Home June/July 1999, p13
Reviews for Homemade Chocolate Syrup(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 1, 2011
This is a really good alternative to store bought-my husband and boys really enjoyed it! I made it in a saucepan and it came out almost fudgy pudding like-it looks a lot thinner in the photo than it actually turned out.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Budget Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Recipes >