Homemade Chocolate Snack Cake
THIS is a moist delicious snack cake, so good that icing is not necessary. Sometimes my husband puts a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top with a drizzle of chocolate syrup.
Either way, it always satisfies our sweet tooth.
-Debi Peschka, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
9 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a bowl, beat water and butter until butter is melted. Beat in egg
- and vanilla. Combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda
- and salt; add to the egg mixture. Beat for 2 minutes.
- Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for
- 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar.
- Yield: 9 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 195 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 239 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.