Homemade Chocolate Easter Eggs Recipe
This recipe is over 35 years old. My home economics teacher in high school had us make the eggs as a class project—and the candies have been a big hit ever since.—Julie Warren, Conyers, Georgia
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) cook-and-serve pudding mix
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 5 to 6 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups peanut butter
- 4 cups (24 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- Assorted decorating icings and cake decorator candy flowers
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the pudding mixes, butter and milk. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in sugar and peanut butter. Cool slightly.
- 2. Shape 1/2 cupfuls into egg shapes. Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet; refrigerate until set.
- 3. In a microwave or heavy saucepan, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip eggs in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Return eggs to waxed paper to set. Decorate with icings and candies as desired. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 10 eggs.
1 serving (1 each) equals 988 calories, 57 g fat (23 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 488 mg sodium, 121 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 16 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC