Homemade Chicken Potpies
Why look for potpie in the frozen food aisle when this easy, homemade version tastes much better? Under its golden-brown crust, you'll find the ultimate comfort food for kids and adults. —Amy Briggs, Gove, Kansas
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in flour
- and poultry seasoning until blended; gradually add broth and milk.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add
- chicken and vegetables.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Top with pastry.
- Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in pastry. Bake at 450°
- for 15-20 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is
- bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.