Homemade Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe
This is a great, fast dinner for two, and the leftovers are just as tasty. It's easy to fix and makes an elegant entree.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 slices deli ham
- 2 slices Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; top each with ham and cheese. Roll up and tuck in ends; secure with toothpicks.
- 2. Place butter in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, salt and paprika. Dip chicken in butter then roll in crumb mixture.
- 3. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving equals 441 calories, 23 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 157 mg cholesterol, 792 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 46 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC