This is a great, fast dinner for two, and the leftovers are just as tasty. It's easy to fix and makes an elegant entree.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 slices deli ham
- 2 slices Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; top each with ham and cheese. Roll up and tuck in ends; secure with toothpicks.
- Place butter in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, salt and paprika. Dip chicken in butter then roll in crumb mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Cordon Bleu in Reminisce August/September 2010, p47
Reviews for Homemade Chicken Cordon Bleu
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review