- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 slices deli ham
- 2 slices Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; top each with ham and cheese. Roll up and tuck in ends; secure with toothpicks.
- Place butter in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, salt and paprika. Dip chicken in butter then roll in crumb mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Homemade Chicken Cordon Bleu(5)
Sort By :
everyone loved it
My family Loved this chicken.
I had the butcher flatten my chicken breasts for me (he offered and I was very grateful! HA!) However, it seems to me that the chicken breasts have to be very thin as they were difficult to roll. I also would cook them longer next time. I added more spices to my breading and it was enjoyable. The flavor was great, just messy and difficult execution of rolling it all to get it to stay rolled without it sliding out before I got the toothpicks stuck in.
This was a very simple to make. I made it for new years eve dinner. Everyone loved it. The only thing I did different was I did garlic and herb bread crumbs. Totally would make this again.
This is very easy. Have tried my different recipes over the years, but this is the one--very simple and straightforward and tasty. There is only 2 of us, but would be very easy to double (or more) the recipe. Found it when looking for uses to use up Gruyere. Yum.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Chicken >
- Baked Ham >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Cordon Bleu >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >