- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the sugar, 1/2
- teaspoon salt and 2-1/2 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in
- enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic,
- about 6-8 minutes. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle cornmeal over two 12-in. pizza pans coated with cooking
- spray. Divide dough in half. On a floured surface, roll each portion
- into a 13-in. circle. Transfer to prepared pans. Build up edges
- slightly. Prick dough thoroughly with a fork; brush with oil. Bake
- at 425° for 5-8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- In a small saucepan, saute garlic in butter until tender. Stir in the
- parsley, pepper and remaining salt. Combine flour and milk until
- smooth. Stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes
- or until slightly thickened.
- Spread over crusts; top with chicken, tomatoes, spinach, cheeses and
- Italian seasoning. Bake 10-12 minutes longer or until crusts are
- lightly browned and cheeses are melted. Yield: 2 pizzas (6 slices
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 328 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 568 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.