Homemade Chicken Alfredo Pizzas Recipe
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) quick-rise yeast
- 1 cup warm water (120° to 130°)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 2-1/2 to 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breasts
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups chopped fresh baby spinach
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 2-1/2 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- 2. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- 3. Sprinkle cornmeal over two 12-in. pizza pans coated with cooking spray. Divide dough in half. On a floured surface, roll each portion into a 13-in. circle. Transfer to prepared pans. Build up edges slightly. Prick dough thoroughly with a fork; brush with oil. Bake at 425° for 5-8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- 4. In a small saucepan, saute garlic in butter until tender. Stir in the parsley, pepper and remaining salt. Combine flour and milk until smooth. Stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- 5. Spread over crusts; top with chicken, tomatoes, spinach, cheeses and Italian seasoning. Bake 10-12 minutes longer or until crusts are lightly browned and cheeses are melted. Yield: 2 pizzas (6 slices each).
1 slice equals 328 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 568 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Reviews for Homemade Chicken Alfredo Pizzas
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.