"Our children are now grown and gone, but they always look forward to eating these chocolaty treats when they come back home to visit," relates Lavone Edgar from Nampa, Idaho. Her recipe makes a dozen wholesome bars-enough for the two of you to enjoy and share.
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup sunflower kernels
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons toasted wheat germ
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, peanut butter, corn syrup, butter and vanilla. Stir in the oats, sunflower kernels, raisins, wheat germ and sesame seeds. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Press into an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until set and edges are browned. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Homemade Chewy Granola Bars in Cooking for 2 Winter 2005, p33
Reviews for Homemade Chewy Granola Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review